AVI ReComp allows you to recompress your AVI files. The application supports not only files containing audio streams but AVIs without any audio as well. For the time being the program uses only Xvid codec for the recompression process (versions: 1.0.3 or newer). The installation pack contains all required components (the newest versions of: VirtualDubMod, AviSynth and Xvid).
AVI ReComp can be very useful for users who want to clear their AVIs out of GMC or Qpel functions to prepare their clips for standalone DVD players. The program contains the feature of embedding subtitles into video. So if you want burnt in subtitles, you can use this software. Additionally the newest versions allow you to add black borders to your movie and place your subtitles on them. You can also adjust all settings for ssa and ass subtitles (style, colour, position).
AVI ReComp enables batch encoding, getting detailed information about AVI files and adding own logo to the movie. You can also change a resolution and aspect ratio of your video clip. The Cropping tool can be used to crop existing black borders or just change video aspect ratio. It is also possible to convert all audio streams of your movie choosing one of available encoding modes (VBR, ABR, CBR) and bitrates. AVI ReComp supports AVIs with the following audio formats: mp3, wav, ac3, dts, ogg. Supported subtitle formats: TMPlayer (.txt), MicroDVD (.txt / .sub), SubViewer2 (.sub), SubRip (.srt), Advanced SubStation Alpha (.ass), SubStation Alpha (.ssa), VobSub (.sub/.idx).
AVI ReComp includes multilingual interface (for the time being: Arabic, British, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai and Turkish). Starting with version 1.4.1 ARC is Windows Vista compatible. In the future I'm going to create many new and very useful features.
- - New Spanish translation (thanks to Javier Tapia Torres from Spain).
- - New Slovak translation (thanks to Stano Kobella from Slovakia).
- - Xvid updated to version 1.3.2 final.
- - LAME encoder updated to version 3.99.5
- - Source code corrections and improvements.
- - Our own Xvid installer replaced by the original installer provided by the Xvid Team.
- - Due to implementation of Xvid external installer, codec's remnants cannot be removed now.
- - Logo window rebuilt.
- - Logo position and available values auto-adjusted to the video resolution.
- - Logo times (start and duration) auto-adjusted to the movie's length.
- - Help file updates and corrections (thanks to Javier Tapia Torres for help).
- - Logo right alignment problem for HD video resolutions.
- - Incorrect detection of video stream size in some circumstances.
- - Wrong F1 Help content for some UI items.
- - Incorrect detection of some decoding libraries (i.a. ffdshow).